Wednesday 20 February 2008

The big leap...









Sometimes,
I wonder,
In my silence-

Does speech choke myself?

Often,
I sit back,
Lazily, in my den-

Mulling over the bygones.

Miraculous,
I feel, once a while,
Rejuvenated, as a dream-

And I pinch myself awake, hurting.

Always,
I look out, into the open,
Wishing for, hoping for-

And every single time, I slip into oblivion.

Alarmed,
I sit up, wide awake,
Sweat dripping, my heart hammering-

I find the darkness occluding me, its vixen grip.

Wonder out,
Aloud, I try to,
In anticipation, maybe in sheer despair-

Would things ever be the same, or would it change?

Aimless,
I shake myself up,
Forcing myself, to wander; a stroll-

And I climb up the stairs, walking on, and then-

A leap, down into the halcyon depths,
Into the vast expanse,
Winged, yet bound fast-

Maybe, my wings have already charred,
Ashes blowing off, as I find my big leap,
A leap- across, forever!

And then, no silence hurts,
No lingering longing prevails,
No darkness blurs my vision-

And I soar,
Static mundane thoughts shed,
I take the big leap-

Into me,
The layers shed, shamelessly,
Nude.

Leaping into the goblet of uncertainty-

Knowing,
Nothing could be more certain,
Than the need,
The urge,
To-

Let go.

To let go-
Myself.

In sheer abandon.



.

2 comments:

  1. That was a leap of faith in the self, scars and all!

    Wonderfully written. And a moving tribute to onself too!
    Loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winged, yet bound fast-

    absolutely... the longer we live, the greater the friction

    :P

    ReplyDelete

Hollers!!

 

Missing You Blogger Template