Saturday 19 July 2008

Quicksand


The slush of quicksand-
It soaked me in,
A fierce rage.
Fluttery feet
That could float,
I longed for.
The slurry spread,
And pulled me in.
A vigorous thrust- in,
And all that remained heard-
A thud,
And a thump.

Panting, and puffing-
I tried to ease myself away,
In vain.
Looking down at my feet,
I found the sand
Engulfing me within.
It felt safe,
Yet frightening-
To watch myself
Sink deep.

Delving deeper and deeper,
I watched the sky turn red-
In crimson fear.
And the leaves murmured
In unison-
A teary farewell.
The breeze blew soft,
A caress tender.
And I closed my eyes-
To let go.

Numb,
I watch myself,
Devoured.
And hear the tune,
Replayed,
Soulful.
And,
I reach that point-

An illusion, of myself-
Untraceable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hollers!!

 

Missing You Blogger Template