Saturday 25 October 2008

Subrogate


Sometimes I give more than I ought to.
And at times like this,
I feel that pang
Of bitter disappointment.

And I wish I'd never have given out
So much, a wholesome part of myself.
No, you don't toss me out,
Or make me feel ill at ease.
You inspire, and you effuse in me, a love
Unparalleled.
Yet, in the subtlest of moves,
I realize, at some point-
Your world revolves,
Not around me.
And no matter the care, and the love
I'd always remain a surrogate.

And when your eyes colour fresh dreams
I always remain in the backdrop
Washed over by the shower,
Adorning a shade of dilute gray.
The ache never does dissolve,
Even as the rains lather at me
And I get drenched
In the whirlwind of impotent desires.

And once,
When that dies down,
Hiding in the realm of sheer love,
I give out
Every inch of me.
I just can't give enough of me
For, there's only one you,
And I can find no subrogate.

2 comments:

  1. Exactly! Sometimes it's like this... !!
    You've put into words the intangibility and made it so simple really, to understand.. Sometimes, no matter how much is into a relationship, one is not accomodated as one desires to be! But then the love envelopes and life is bright, and then again.. who else is there, so loved and beloved!

    I really loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ usha mema
    thanks so much!!!! glad u liked it:)

    ReplyDelete

Hollers!!

 

Missing You Blogger Template