Sunday 1 June 2008

Dissolved

He held my hands in his-
Firm,
Unrelenting,
Forceful.

I winced,
The pain burning in.

Let go off me,
I yearned to scream-
But,
Caught I were-
In a state of utter panic,
Paranoia,
In its strongest elements.

The fumes suffocating,
My chest swelling,
In the acrid fumes-
Choking,
I held back the cough,
In fear.

Your eyes flashed panic,
For a split second,
I thought-
It's over.

And then, you held me closer-
Firm and tight,
Your heart hammering against mine,
In sheer frenzy.

I tried to pry myself away,
From your arms-
But in vain.

Your eyes flashed the warning-
Yet, no terror struck,
And I gave in-
Silent.
And our heart beats,
Danced,
A symphony.

The fumes came down,
Your eyes showed relief,
And care-
The harsh lines on your face,
They broke away,
Into the brilliant smile,
Heartwarming.

Finally,
Its all over-

The moment saved-
The terror seized,
You let go off me,
A final touch,
A pat-
Of reassurance.

And you walked away-
Into the hazy smoke,
And I watched,
Your silhouette fade-
And merge into the smog.

I couldn't yet gather it true-
Saved by a stranger,
From the riots,
That shook my world.
The few minutes,
That seemed like a lifetime,
Now seems eternity,
Lived-
And lost.

Finally,
Its all over-

The moment lost,
Yet saved,
Forever-
A memory,
Etched deep.
.
.
.
Dissolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hollers!!

 

Missing You Blogger Template